Holiday Romance

Those readers who happen to also be my Facebook friends will know that I was very excited about this holiday. I was waxed and primed in preparation; just in case. You never know when Ryan Gosling might just pop round the corner. A girl has to be prepared. And, well a girl, despite all the evidence to the contrary, must have hope. 

And so it is in this state of excitement that I am delighted to announce it wasn't all in vain. I have met the perfect man. The catch? He lives in a different country and on Thursday, I have to leave him. 

I mean sure, it's not been the most perfect courting I've ever experienced. I've certainly put in a lot more effort than he has. Heck, I've even dined him! Ive also taken him on romantic strolls, comforted him when the storm got too much and generally put his needs first. But what is a romance without a little give I ask you? 

Now, the distance between us is not the only problem, I mean sure, I've done a long distance relationship before. Sure it's a pain but at the same time it can be perfect. Sometimes its way easier to like someone when they are not actually there. But take out the distance there's still the issue of well...the slightly wet smell, the drooling, the irrational fear of lightening, the unshakeable attachment to his Dad. I mean I like a man to be close to his parents but following them around the room and getting anxious when seperated is not really okay.

But, despite the fact the end is near and like Juliet from her Romeo I am soon to be parted from my new love, there is always Facebook. And sure I can't take him for walks, stroke his back or share the last of my food but the memory of this holiday will always remain. And I like to think he'll remember me with the same longing I shall remember him. Ladies and gentleman, I give you my summer love, Jung le Woof.

Inserted here would be a picture of a really handsome dog but it's taken me 30 mins to finally conclude I can't do it on my phone and I hate my life. 

Comments

  1. Turns out I can do it...I still hate my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relieved for you that it's a dog. Sounded like a lot of upcoming awfulness if it had been a human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Thanks. Plus Humans aren't as cool as dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts